IrSPEN 2021 National Conference
Themes and Topics
Nutritional care in the midst of COVID-19
- Understanding COVID-19: mortality, morbidity, risk factors, implications, and priorities
- Managing the ICU patient – learnings and implications for improving outcomes
- Rehabilitating the COVID patient after ICU
Home Nutrition Support and Intestinal Rehabilitation
- Home nutrition support and intestinal failure in Ireland – how far have we come?
- Implementing guidelines for managing the patient with intestinal failure: case studies
- Optimising the discharge plan for patients receiving home parenteral nutrition
Innovative approaches in nutritional care and rehabilitation
- Muscle targeted interventions in aging and disease
- New approaches to optimising outcomes in patients with COVID post discharge
- The effectiveness of pre-assessment clinics in improving patient symptoms.
Focus on translation of best practice guidelines into routine practice
- The Nutrition Team as key to success in repositioning nutrition into healthcare delivery
- Do Doctors take nutrition seriously? Findings and implications from a national survey
- Lowering the threshold for access to optimal nutritional care: what would it take to implement ESPEN guidelines?
Examining the evidence for achieving remission in diabetes
- What evidence supports the use of Total Meal Replacement Therapy (TMRT)?
- Are anti-obesity medications effective in achieving remission in diabetes, and in what circumstances?
- Is bariatric surgery effective in achieving remission in diabetes, and in which patients?
- How can new treatments for diabetes be used in practice?
Managing malnutrition in paediatric and adult patients in the community
- How best to identify and treat patients with malnutrition in the community? The perspective of the multidisciplinary team and patients
- Development and evaluation of a multidisciplinary educational programme for GPs
- Home enteral nutrition of children in Ireland: how to address the gaps.
Conference Speakers & Chairs
Click on a speakers photo for full biography and abstract info (where available)
Standard Registration: € 50.00
Student Registration: € 25.00
Abstract Submission Now Closed
Extended Abstract Submission deadline was:
Midnight, 31st March 2021
Sponsors & Exhibitors
We thank our sponsors and exhibitors for their support.
Should you have any questions, please contact:
IrSPEN 2021 Conference Secretariat
C/o Abbey Conference & Events
Follow @IrSPEN on and the conference hashtag #IrSPEN2021 .