IrSPEN 2021 National Conference
Tuesday 27th – Wednesday 28th April, 2021
Repositioning Nutrition in Healthcare
At a time of unprecedented focus on the role of nutrition in health and disease arising from the pandemic, this is an outstanding
programme with leading experts in the field of clinical nutrition, obesity and metabolism, sharing their latest research findings and clinical expertise over two days this April 27th and 28th.
This year, our theme reflects the need to reposition nutrition as central to healthcare delivery, in which all members of the multidisciplinary
team play an important role.
The programme will be delivered virtually, with live Q and A for all the themed sessions outlined below:
This Live Educational Event attracts 6 CPD Credits (3 CPD credits per day) in the External CPD category.
Nutritional care in the midst of COVID-19
- Understanding COVID-19: mortality, morbidity, risk factors, implications, and priorities
- Managing the ICU patient – learnings and implications for improving outcomes
- Rehabilitating the COVID patient after ICU
Home Nutrition Support and Intestinal Rehabilitation
- Home nutrition support and intestinal failure in Ireland – how far have we come?
- Implementing guidelines for managing the patient with intestinal failure: case studies
- Optimising the discharge plan for patients receiving home parenteral nutrition
Innovative approaches in nutritional care and rehabilitation
- Muscle targeted interventions in aging and disease
- New approaches to optimising outcomes in patients with COVID post discharge
- The effectiveness of pre-assessment clinics in improving patient symptoms.
Focus on translation of best practice guidelines into routine practice
- The Nutrition Team as key to success in repositioning nutrition into healthcare delivery
- Do Doctors take nutrition seriously? Findings and implications from a national survey
- Lowering the threshold for access to optimal nutritional care: what would it take to implement ESPEN guidelines?
Examining the evidence for achieving remission in diabetes
- What evidence supports the use of Total Meal Replacement Therapy (TMRT)?
- Are anti-obesity medications effective in achieving remission in diabetes, and in what circumstances?
- Is bariatric surgery effective in achieving remission in diabetes, and in which patients?
- How can new treatments for diabetes be used in practice?
Managing malnutrition in paediatric and adult patients in the community
- How best to identify and treat patients with malnutrition in the community? The perspective of the multidisciplinary team and patients
- Development and evaluation of a multidisciplinary educational programme for GPs
- Home enteral nutrition of children in Ireland: how to address the gaps.
Conference Speakers & Chairs
Click on a speakers photo for full biography and abstract info (where available)
Standard Registration: € 50.00
Student Registration: € 25.00
Abstract Submission Now Closed
Should you have any questions, please contact:
IrSPEN 2021 Conference Secretariat
C/o Abbey Conference & Events
Follow @IrSPEN on and the conference hashtag #IrSPEN2021 .