The day to day running of IrSPEN is carried out by the Management Committee of IrSPEN. Sub-committees are established by the Management Committee to work on specific projects.
Management Committee Members
The Management Committee of IrSPEN meet every quarter.
- Professor John V Reynolds (President)
- Professor Carel Le Roux (Obesity)
- Carmel O’Hanlon (Policy/Practice Guidelines, INDI)
- Dr. Karen Boland (Medical Education)
- Dr. Cara Dunne (Company Sec /IF projects lead)
- Niamh Rice (Treasurer / Advocacy Strategy / Comms)
- Martina Smyth, Secretary /Operations
- Niamh Maher, HSE
- Dr. Helen Heneghan (Obesity, Metabolism)
- Anne O Grady, Industry Representative
- Catherine Fennessy, Nurse representative
- Dr. David Byrne
- Dr. Claire Donohue
Sub-committees are established by council to work on specific projects. IrSPEN is actively seeking volunteers with relevant experience and interests for the sub-committees below. If you would like further information on these groups and their work, or wish to apply to become a member of a sub-committee, please contact us.
Under graduate Education & Science
Professor Carel Le Roux
Post graduate Education
Dr. Karen Boland
Communications & Programmes
Professional Standards & Guidelines